- What type of business is AdvanSource Biomaterials and how long has the company been in business?
- What type of products and services does the company supply?
- What type of companies does ASB work with?
- What markets do you serve?
- How does ASB differentiate from other material science companies?
- What is the standard lead time for products and how does your company utilize scheduling to meet short and long term customer demand?
- What durometers are available for your materials?
- Do your materials meet USP Class VI standards?
- Can any of ASB’s products be made into solution form?
- What types of coating services do you provide?
- Do ASB materials come in contact with animal by-products?
- Are you RoHS compliant for all materials supplied?
- Are any of the following used in manufacturing: BPA (bisphenol A), PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid), Phthalates, DEHP (Bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate), Latex, PFOS (perfluorooctanesulfonic acid), melamine or cyanuric acid, Chemical Proposition (65) /Casein/ Biologics?
- Are you REACH compliant for all materials supplied?
- Are you ISO certified?
- Does your organization operate from multiple facilities in the US and/or OUS?
- How long have you been at your current facilities?
AdvanSource Biomaterials Corporation (ASB) has been in business for 20 years and is a public company trading under the symbol ASNB on the OTC Markets. ASB is a manufacturing company providing medical grade thermoplastic polyurethane materials.
The company’s expertise lies in the synthesis and formulation of polymeric materials with a wide range of physical and chemical properties. These materials possess unique characteristics such as biocompatibility, biodurability, and can be tailored for specific properties such as lubricity and antimicrobial formats. The company’s materials include polycarbonate and polyether based polyurethanes, liquid polymers, hydrophilic solutions and extrudable grade materials, echogenic coatings, antimicrobial materials, dissimilar material bonding agents, colorant technologies, and an assorted array of additional TPU’s and elastomers. Services such as prototype coating and colorant technologies are also available.
From start-up companies to multi-national corporation’s and focused primarily on the medical and pharmaceutical industries, ASB provides support and development from the project’s concept initiation to full-scale manufacturing.
Serving the medical device and pharmaceutical marketplace, ASB’s materials have a history of use in both short and long-term implant applications such as stents, artificial heart valves, VADs, catheters, guidewires and introducers. Today’s markets served include orthopedics, cardiovascular, drug delivery, endoscopy, neurology, urology, spine, interventional radiology, peripheral vascular, ENT, gastroenterology, oncology and diabetes management.
With both standard and custom formulations available, we can offer materials specifically tailored to optimize product device design and functionality in a customer-focused and partnership oriented environment. We encourage customers to work directly with our project teams, including our scientists, engineers and application specialists in a collaborative environment to customize material characteristics for end-product optimization.
ASB offers aggressive lead-times, competitive pricing and smaller scale custom batches to ensure customer satisfaction and successful product commercialization.
Lead times for standard products are 2-4 weeks. Most customized materials average 6-10 weeks for materials, depending upon the specifications requested. We maintain standard product inventory and practice lot optimization and product efficiencies in batch production. Upon request we offer inventory stock level collaboration to maintain customer project requirements.
Our materials span the durometer range from 5 Shore A to 75 Shore D.
Yes. Our standard core materials comply with USP Class VI standards.
Most of our thermoplastic polyurethane products are available in both resin and solution form. These solutions can offer characteristics ranging from highly lubricious coatings customized for varying absorption and expansion specifications to surface modifying solutions.
Our technical services include coating capabilities to assist with prototype development. We customize our solution packages to tailor material characteristics, resolve technical challenges, and provide concept iterations to support our client’s objectives. We offer dip or spray coating processes for small volumes with varied solution packages to help customers best establish optimal solvent and material selections.
No. We certify our products to be of Animal-free origin and are therefore free from Infectious Agents such as Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE) and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy (TSE).
Yes. Our materials do not come in contact or contain any of the “The Restriction on the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances in Electrical and Electronic Equipment”, namely: lead, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PBB) and polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants.
13. Are any of the following used in manufacturing: BPA (bisphenol A), PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid), Phthalates, DEHP (Bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate), Latex, PFOS (perfluorooctanesulfonic acid), melamine or cyanuric acid, Chemical Proposition (65) /Casein/ Biologics?
No. Our materials are free from BPS, Phthalates, DEHP, Latex, PFOS, melamine or cyanuric acid and those materials listed under Chemical Proposition 65 as found at the following link: http://oehha.ca.gov/prop65/prop65_list/files/P65single022511.pdf
Yes. Our materials do not come in contact or contain the materials listed on the “List of Substances of Very High Concern” found at the following link: http://echa.europa.eu/doc/press/pr_10_01_candidate_list_20100113.pdf
Yes. ASB is certified to ISO 13485:2003 and ISO 9001:2008.standards.
ASB’s corporate headquarters located in Wilmington, MA serves as our sole manufacturing facility.
ASB has occupied our facilities in Wilmington, MA for 7 years.